bake sale goodies :: monkey bars
i made 3 things. the first of which i'll talk about today. MONKEY BARS! this is one of the biggest crowd pleasers around and kids love them (banana chocolate anything goes over big in our house, anyway). the best part is how easy and quick they are to make. i almost always have the ingredients for them around. you probably do, too.
here's the recipe....and we made over $500 at the sale! whoo hoo!
1 1/4 cups all purp flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg or cinnamon
2 medium bananas, rip
2 tbs. unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. lightly grease a 9" square pan
2. in a medium bowl, wisk flour, baking soda, salt and spice
3. in the bowl of a food processor, blend bananas until smooth. add in melted butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla. blend until smooth and well-combined.
4. pour banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. fold in the chocolate chips.
5. pour batter into prepared pan (it will be a thin layer).
6. bake for 20-25 minutes until tester comes out dry. cool completely before slicing.